Friday, October 31, 2014

October Favorites


     Can you believe that October is already over? It's absolutely crazy that there are now only two months left in 2014! As sad as I am to see this beautiful fall month go, I am so incredibly excited for November! November is my birthday month (helloooooo, 21st birthday!!!) and Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. November is also the month that I start doing all of my holiday shopping, and who doesn't love that?!
     This month I've been rocking the same look almost every day that I wear makeup. I've been following the trend that many of us have been following, and that's the Kylie Jenner big lips, cat eyes, 90's look. I am completely head over heels in love with this look! It's so effortless and absolutely everyone can wear it. To perfect my own KJ inspired look, these are the products that I have been loving.


      At the beginning of the month I finally splurged on the Hourglass Ambient Lighting palette. I was a bit skeptical about spending almost $60 on a highlighting palette, but I am so glad that I did! These powders make you skin look absolutely flawless. I love using the 2nd lightest shade, as an under eye setting powder so give my under eyes a soft focus look. I like to use the middle shade as an actual highlighter on the high points of my face. This isn't your typical "in-your-face" highlighter, but it's perfect for every day. It gives the most beautiful glimmer of light to your cheek bones. I like to use the darkest shade to help kind of bronze up my fair skin.  I have very dry skin, so I am not one to shy away from glowing skin!
     For lips, I have been all about that Kylie Jenner nude lip! I can't do the normal nude lip, as it washes my olive skin out too much. I love this KIKO Precision Lip Liner in the shade 302 to line and fill my lips. It is an exact dupe for MAC's Whirl which Kylie uses. Best part? It's less than $5! Of course it's only readily available to those of us who live in Europe, but the rest of you can order it online. 
   When I placed my order for my Hourglasss palette, I also bought a number of other things, including a trio of mini Sugar Lip Treatments from Fresh. It came with a red, plum, and this translucent shade. I like to use this on top of my KIKO liner so my lips aren't quite as matte and so they stay hydrated during these colder months. 
     For eyes I've been focusing a lot on bold liner and lashes. I have never tried a gel liner and when I was growing the KIKO store, I decided to pick this one up. OMG is it AMAZING! I'm talking the blackest of the blacks, totally matte, and lasts for 14+ hours without budging. I have problems with the Kat Von D tattoo liner after about 5 hours with rubbing off. This one doesn't move at all. It's even hard to get off with my Clinique Take Off The Day makeup remover. It's so perfect in all aspects! It's also less than $5 as well. PERFECT! 
     In my September Ipsy bag I received the Urban Decay Perversion mascara. This stuff is amazing! It gives my lashes length and volume and makes them incredibly black. This is something that I will be picking up as soon as I run out. 
      


      One non-beauty favorite this month is kind of cheating, since it came out the last weekend of October, but I couldn't pass up talking about it. I'm sure you've all heard about Taylor Swift's new album 1989 by now. And for good reason! This is by far her best album to date and I already see her taking home tons of awards for it. It's so different than anything she's ever done before, and while it was a bold move, it was the best move she could have ever taken.  I was very timid to buy the album because I was concerned that it would be 13 tracks of Shake It Off, but I decided to try it anyway, and I am so happy that I did. Shake It Off is very different from the other tracks on the album. It is with all intents and purposes a pop album, but not an in your face dancey, Shake It Off filled album. My favorite tracks from the album are Style, Wildest Dreams, Clean, and Out Of The Woods. I won't go too in depth about each track since, let's face it, I'm lawful at explaining thing, but it is definitely worth your time! I have had this album on repeat since I bought it on Monday and I don't see myself taking it off anytime soon. 


     What were your most used products this month? Do you have any music recommendations for me? TV? Books? Anything? Let me know! I love hearing about new things! 


No comments:

Post a Comment