Saturday, June 1, 2013

Real Techniques Core Collection

Today, I'm going to be giving you my thoughts on the Real Techniques brushes by Samantha Chapman. If you have no idea what I am talking about, a, you really must be living under a rock, and b, you must be living under a rock!
For those of you who didn't know, I had gotten two of the Real Techniques brush collections a few months ago from Ulta when they were having a buy one, get one half off sale. For whatever reason, I couldn't get them to ship to my APO, so I had to get my mom to pick them up for me at her local store.Well, she finally came to Italy a few weeks ago with my RT's in tow. So now I can finally give you all my opinion on th Real Techniques brushes! 


The first thing I love about these brushes is their weight and durabilitary. The RT brushes are metal and a hard plastic and the weight feels really good in hand. I feel like you could run these brushes over with a truck and they would be totally fine! 

 Pictured from left to right: RT detailer brush (laying down) RT Pointed foundation brush, RT buffing brush, RT contour brush
These brushes were actually a lot smaller than I had originially pictured in my mind. Especially the foundation and buffing brushes. For me, the foundation brush is too small to actually apply my foundation. I use a Kiko beauty blender for that, anyway. I find it perfect for blending out my undereye concealer, though! I know a lot of ladies use the buffind brush to apply foundation, but I prefer to use it as a blush/powder brush. It's the perfect size for my cheeks, so for blush it works wonders. The detailer brush is perfect for concealing blemishes! It's definitely my favorite for that. The contour brush is absolutely perfect! It applies bronzer so effortlessly and flawlessly!

My two favorite brushes from the collection would have to be the contour and buffing brushes. 

I'd have to say that these brushes are a major, major win and get two strong thumbs up! The bristels are soft and are the perfect density. The handles are strong and sturdy, and the colors are really fun! I can definitely say that I am 100% sold and can completely back up the hype for these Real Techniques brushes! If you live in the states and are wanting to try these brushes, head over to your nearest WalMart or Ulta and grab them today! If you're not in the US, well then I don't really know where to tell you to get them, but Google it! DO IT NOW!

I hope you guys enjoyed this review! I'll be posting me thoughts on the Starter Kit tomorrow! Stay tuned!




1 comment:

  1. I'm in love with these too. I also prefer the Buffing Brush for blush instead of foundation too. I'm starting to collect the single brushes as well and they're just as amazing.

    ReplyDelete