Tuesday, April 16, 2013

E.l.f. Mineral Eyeshadows Review & Swatches

After posting my e.l.f. haul, I had a lot of questions about the mineral eyeshadows. So, of course, I responded! So today, I'll be doing exactly what you asked, by reviewing and swatching the mineral eyeshadows. 

Let me first start off by showing you what e.l.f. has to say about their pressed mineral eyeshadows, "The innovative pressed powder design creates a silky smooth texture that is blendable for everyday, easy wear. Our natural mineral formula is infused with Rosemary, Cucumber and Vitamin E to replenish the delicate eye area and provide anti-aging benefits for a more revitalized look." and their regular mineral eyeshadows, "Bring a touch of natural beauty to your eyes with these natural mineral eyeshadow shades that add subtle highlights for daytime or increased drama for night. With key vitamins A, B, C & E these eyeshadows hydrate and minimize the appearance of fine lines. Available in an array of light-reflecting color options they can be worn wet or dry, together or alone, for countless shimmering styles and trends. The all natural consistency makes them incredibly easy to apply and blend for a flawless finish."  All pretty great, right?

                  IMG_0959

E.l.f. mineral eyeshadows, whether pressed or pigments, are $3, which you cannot beat. All of the shadows come in super chic, black packaging, minus the mineral shadows which come in clear with a black top. I love how e.l.f. left the top clear, so you can always find the color you want.

                  named
without flash
                  IMG_0970
with flash

I absolutely love most of these. I only have a complaint with one of the colors, and sadly, it's the one I wish would work the most. The color is Wine Tour. It is a beautiful purple color with gold flakes. I wanted this color to work so badly, but it just wouldn't. No matter which brush I use or how much I use, it just doesn't blend. It just doesn't! You can't imagine how upset I am over this. It's really a tradgedy. All of the other colors I love, and have no complaints. The two lightest colors, First Date and Beauty Queen, are a little chalky, but nothing that isn't bearable. Caffeinated and Sassy are the two mineral pigment shadows and they are so beautiful! They're pretty shimmery, so if you're not into that, I don't suggest the pigment shadows, unless you go with the matte colors.. 
These shadows are all super pigmented and very easy to blend. I highly suggest all of them, besides Wine Tour. I give these shadows an A+ all around! I hope that this review was helpful and I hope that you'll all hurry over to e.l.f. and pick some up for yourself! 

Have a great day lovelies!!!


2 comments:

  1. Oh nice, all the colors seem very wearable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, those colors are soo pretty. I so need to get a couple :D

    ReplyDelete