Monday, June 10, 2013

Wet N' Wild Color Icon Palettes

Hey everyone! Today I wanted to share with you some of my most favorite things-the Wet N' Wild 8 Shadow Color Icon Palettes. If you haven't heard of these, where in the world hve you been? These palettes have been all the rage on beauty blogs and beauty guru channels everywhere. I was a skeptic for quite some time, and that is sad to say. These palettes are quite possibly the greatest palettes in the world of palettes. Kill me now because what I'm about to say is sinful. I, Megan of Army Wife. Style. Life., love the Wet N' Wild Color Icon Palettes more than my Urban Decay Naked2 Palette. Yep. It's true. I said it!


The two palettes that I have are the Nude Awakenings and Comfort Zone palettes. Nude Awakenings has a nice balance of colors. It includes two matte shades and six that are shimmer/satin finish. This palette is realatively new and hasn't gotten quite as much attention from me as it's older brother, Comfort Zone. This is the palette that actually gets more use than my Naked2. This is also the palette that everyone talks about because of its Naked2 dupes. These colors are all satin/shimmer ones, but they're not over the top. I absolutely love the green eyelid shade in this palette. It adds a nice pop of color to my rather ordinary,every day neutral look.


Above you will see swatches from Nude Awakenings. I'm sorry for the horrible quality of photo! It definitely doesn't show the shades true to color. This picture makes most of these look matte, when in fact only two of them are. 


These are the swatches from my beloved Comfort Zone. I love each and every shade from this palette sooooo much! This photo picked up the first four colors perfectly, but the last four didn't show up to great. :(
This palette has a lot of Naked2 dupes. I plan on posting those very soon so you can see them in comparison to each other.

Overall, I give these palettes a 5/5. The colors are highly pigmented, they're so smooth, and I have no problem with fall out. I was able to pick up both of these palettes for $3.99, but I am pretty sure they are $4.99 in most drugstores. For the price, you absolutely cannot beat these palettes. For quality, you pretty much can't beat them either. Well done, Wet N' Wild, well done!

Do you enjoy the WNW brands? Let me know what your favorites are!


No comments:

Post a Comment