Monday, April 8, 2013

After finding Krystal's amazing blog, I decided to finally do a tag. I thought that this I ♥ Drugstore Make-Up Tag was perfect for me and my blog. As an Army wife, living life on a budget is completely and totally necessary. As an Army wife living OCONUS (Outside Continental United States) this is especailly true, as Italy is about twice as expensive as the U.S. Okay, enough boring Army talk; on to the tag!

Drugstore Make-up
I wouldn't say that I'm a drugstore make-up connoisseur, as most of my most loved brands are higher-end, but I do have quite a few drugstore favorites. And if you know anything about me, you know that my most favorite brand ever is e.l.f. So, maybe I love drugstore make-up a little more than like to let myself believe? The answer is probably yes. 

1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand?
     E.l.f. Duh. 
2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products?

      E.l.f. Studio Blushes, Revlon PhotoReady Foundation, and the Revlon Just    
      Bitten Kissable Balm Stains.
3. Least favorite product?

     E.l.f. Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick. Just. No. These didn't work for me AT ALL!
4. What is the best makeup bargain?

     Anything by E.l.f., obviously. Or anything by NYX- another super   
       awesome/affordable brand!
5. What is your favorite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)

     Wet n' Wild lip sticks! I personally don't think that this brand gets enough   
      recognition. I remember using this brand in 5th and 6th grade, when my mom 
      would buy me "play" makeup. I recently re-discovered this brand after seeing 
      so many raves about it and I am so glad that I did!
6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?
     Hmm, I can't think of any particular product, but I definitely think that Revlon  
      itself is a pretty pricey brand. I recently got a new foundation (which I love, but   
      $12 is a bit steeo for drugstore foundation.)

7. Show your best drugstore dupe(s)!!

     E.l.f. studio pressed powder is a pretty decent dupe for Benefit's Hello 
      Flawless.  My other favorite would be NYX Matte Lipstick in "Indie Flick", which 
      is a VERY close dupe for Kat Von D's Painted Love Lipstick in "A-Go-Go."
8. Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?
     Revlons Lip Butters! Seriously, I DON'T understand the hype for these! Yes, 
      they're moisturizing, but for me, the color pay off is horrible and the staying 
      power of these is no longer than twenty or thirty minutes. I don't know if it's 
      just me or what, but I really can't say that I like these too much.
9. Favorite drugstore mascara?
       I'm pretty picky when it comes to mascaras, but I do LOVE The Rocket by 
       Maybelline. 
10. Favorite drugstore nail polish?
       I have to go with Essie on this. I mean, who wouldn't? My next favorite would 
       have to be e.l.f. polishes. Imagine that...



Whew! For whatever reason, this post took forever to write! That being said, I hope you enjoyed it. I tag YOU to answer these questions! Let me know if you do this tag! I added  the last two questions, so don't be afraid to add your own! 

As always-

XOXO,

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment