I apologize for my lack of posting over the past week or so. I finally have a car that I can drive, so I've been spending as much time away from home as I can. Being able to drive yourself to the commissary and gym is such an amazing feeling.
Today, I just wanted to update you all on my current status here in Italy. Let you all know how things are going. And to be entirely honest, I hate it with almost every fiber of my being. I honestly cannot wait to be back on U.S. soil in the next few months. I am probably driving my husband crazy because almost every day I ask, "Is there any way we can leave?! I hate it here! What can we do to get out?" He's got a few tricks up his sleeve to hopefully get us out of here sooner than three years, but we will just have to see about that.
I'm sure you're wondering why I hate being here so much. Where does the list begin? Let's see...
1. You can't just go out to eat whenever you want to because most restaurants do not have set hours and are closed at random days/times.
2. Nothing is convenient. You can't just get in your car and drive to Target whenever you want to.
3. This country, as is most of Europe, is VERY expensive.
4. There's no easy way to do things here. To get one thing done (like on post) you have to go through about 12 different departments.
5.I can't just pick up the phone and call my family whenever I want.
6. I miss my friends from LA and NC.
7. I don't have very many options for work, so it makes the days very long and boring.
I'll stop there because the list can honestly go on for days.
Husband has a lot of training in the Fall, so I will be going back to the states alone for 3 months or so. I am sad that I won't see him for a pretty long time, but I can't wait to be back in the ole boot. I can't wait to see my friends and my family! I also can't wait to have the convenience of Target and Walmart.
It's going to suck being without S for so long, but I can do it. I will be so ecstatic to be out of this country I am sure that the time will fly by. He will be missing my 20th birthday, which will be the second birthday he's missed in a row, so that stinks a lot. And because of scheduling with leave and whatnot, we don't get to have a proper Christmas alone together for the second year in a row. I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that as long as he is in the Army, I won't get my intimate Christmas with just the two of us and he will p
Well, this post has now taken a turn to a completely different subject, so I'll stop it right here.
I'll be back soon with regular postings.
Have a fantastic day!